Almost, all the graphics you can find online are examples of a file of images – they all came from the image file. There are several files that are used in each graphics and all have their own uses just like CDR and PDF format. With the use of the right image file, it means that your design will come up with the perfect quality and appearance.
CDR and PDF file format are both used for vector images – which are curve-based graphics that are outstanding in math equations. Every single dot, shape, and line has a different equation. Vector images are independent when it comes to its resolution. If you zoom in or enlarge a certain vector image, it wouldn’t lose any single detail or pixilation and you get to see it clearly.
What is CDR (Corel Draw) format?
CDR or mainly known as Corel Draw Format is a file extension for the file of vector graphics which is administered by Corel Draw – a program that’s popular for creating popular graphics. The CDR format was first used in Corel Draw application itself which was developed way back in 1987. However, Corel Draw is created and works best for two-dimensional images like posters and logos. At first, it was only made for Microsoft Windows 3, but as of current writing, it also runs on a different version of Microsoft such as Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, and Windows XP.
What is PDF format?
PDF or Portable Document Format was established by Adobe Systems and is used not just to display graphics correctly but also documents regardless of what kind of device you will use – be it using smartphones, tablets, iPads, web browser, or through an application. When creating a file in PDF format, there’s no character limit and can contain any fonts and images. PDF is also known as the near-universal standard which is often used and requested by printers for the final designs. However, there are things that are not advisable to use the format of PDF such as when making tables, graphs, embedded fonts, and headlines.
Why do you need to convert CDR format to PDF format?
Since CDR format can only be made using the Corel Draw software, there are only a few editing programs as well as users who support the format. Most editing programs support PDF – as it’s the near-universal file format. However, if you are using the Corel software, you can export and convert it to other popular formats like JPG, PNG, AI, BMP, and of course, PDF.
How to export file from Corel Draw?
Corel Draw is a great software and there are users who use it in creating and designing posters as well as logos. However, there are a lot of applications that don’t recognize this CDR format. The main thing you need to do is to export the CDR files into a format that’s readable and recognizable by other application, software, and programs just like the PDF file format. Before exporting files into such format/s, make sure that you check first the list of file formats that supports the application you are using.
- STEP 1 – First, you need to open the file on CDR format. After that, you need to activate the certain page which includes objects that you wish to export.
- STEP 2 – Click the File menu and look for the export button. Once you clicked the export button, an export dialog box will appear.
- STEP 3 – You can choose for the file format you want or which your device, application or program supports. Create a certain name and path for the file you will export.
- STEP 4 – If you wish to export the whole page, ensure that “selected only” is not checked. If you wish to export some part of objects or design from a certain page, ensure that you have selected the desired objects and check the “selected only” box.
- STEP 5 – Now’s the time to click the export button. A dialog box will appear stating some information about the file format you have chosen. Provide the information needed in the dialog box.
- STEP 6 – Click the OK button.
The Corel Draw software has a built-in converter called Macro – which you can use to convert CDR files to any format you want.
- STEP 1 – Open and run the Macro converter. From the “Macros in,” look and click for the “File Converter” and hit the run button.
- STEP 2 – Choose which folder contains the file you want to be converted. The files you have chosen needs to be added on the selected files list. Then, click OK.
- STEP 3 – Pick the folder destination for the files that are being converted and provide the other information needed. Click OK.